Canon has launched the new Océ LabelStream 4000 series, an industrial-scale UV inkjet press with optional flexo printing, embellishment and finishing units. With a productivity range of 950 - 1672 sqm/h the press looks set to carve out a commanding presence in the label printing market.
The latest addition to the production printing portfolio underlines the Canon and Océ strategy to invest in growing industrial printing segments. Combining the virtues of UV inkjet printing with conventional technologies, this innovative label press delivers unrivalled value-add in terms of time, cost and value, enabling converters to select the best combination for any production requirement.
Christian Unterberger, Chief Marketing Officer & Executive Vice President Production Printing Products (PPP) said, “the Océ LabelStream is based on the inkjet DNA of Canon and Océ. With this comprehensive solution package optimised to benefit from current market dynamics, label converters can boost their profitability for short and medium job sizes, and amaze customers with labels of exceptional quality and customised messaging.”
Crit Driessen, Vice President & Head of Digital Packaging PPP added, “Océ is keen to break into forward-looking markets, and industrial packaging printing offers excellent opportunities for new revenue streams. Digital products currently account for only a relatively small part of this market worldwide, but the share expected to grow rapidly. We are confident that market players will appreciate the Océ LabelStream’s productivity and customizing abilities as a way to add value to label printing.”
- 5-color UV inkjet press (CMYK and white) with a print speed of 48 m/min
- Print widths of 330 mm (13”) or 410 mm (16”) and an optional performance mode of 68 m/min for less demanding print jobs
- Xaar 2001 UV inkjet printheads with a resolution of 720 x 600 dpi
- Expanded to a full hybrid configuration with a custom mix of additional flexo, embellishment and finishing units
- Cost-efficient print-to-order run lengths
- Maximum flexibility and freedom to complete orders at short lead times: easy set-up and make-ready accelerate system availability
- Label converter will benefit from the best package in the industry based on Canon’s inkjet DNA
- Innovative technologies integrated into end-to-end solutions and supported by global service and business consultancy will help to develop and grow a sustainable and profitable digital business
Commercial availability of the Océ LabelStream 4000 series in Europe will be end of 2018.