Kodak Alaris is expanding its information capture ecosystem with the unveiling of the Alaris S2000 Series, a new family of network/wireless and USB-connected desktop scanners. The new devices will be on show at a series of customer and partner events, in all regions, this week.
Delivering on the promise of digital transformation for businesses and governments around the world, the events will give Kodak Alaris the opportunity to showcase its software and services, all of which are designed to take the complexity out of information capture to simplify and improve the way people work.
Siddhartha Bhattacharya, Vice President, Global Marketing, Alaris Information Management said, “manual processes present an unnecessary hurdle to creating transparency and efficiency for organisations. Any paper-based process such as a loan request or driver’s licence application must be digitised to facilitate sharing and reduce risk. Digital capture of paper documents is an essential first step toward achieving this.”
The new Alaris S2000 Series increases productivity by automating much of the work traditionally done by people and host computers. The S2000 Series includes two USB-connected models (Alaris S2050 and S2070) and two network/wireless models (Alaris S2060w and S2080w) which deliver rated speeds between 50 and 80 pages per minute (ppm). Three optional flatbed accessories can be integrated with the scanners for increased versatility and productivity. For example, the S2000 Series is designed to ‘dock’ on top of the new Alaris Passport Flatbed Accessory, offering a quick and easy solution for scanning passports, ID cards and other small, fragile documents.
Kodak is also launching the new Alaris Partner Program that is designed to enable channel partners to grow their businesses by offering best-in-class technology and sophisticated solutions and services. It includes a new partner portal, sales tools, incentives and technical resources designed to help partners win in the marketplace.
- Embedded Image Processing within the scanner
- Active Feed Technology aligns the leading edge of paper to avoid multi-feeds and misfeeds
- Controlled Output Stacking places paper neatly in the output tray
- Alaris Capture Pro Software v5.5 is a dedicated workstation-based information capture solution that ensures security and reliability without depending on internet connectivity for scanning and processing
- Alaris Info Input Solution and Info Input Express are web-based and mobile capture applications that are easy to implement and use for workers who regularly scan across departments and enterprises
- Managed Content Services (MCS, in select regions) customers gain a better understanding of total imaging costs, improving service level agreements (SLAs), and driving savings
For more information about the Alaris IN2 Ecosystem, please visit the Kodak Alaris website.
To request a demo of the Alaris S2000 Series Scanner, please click here.