Canon has added three new cheque scanners to its imageFORMULA range, the imageFORMULA CR-150, imageFORMULA CR-120 and imageFORMULA CR-120 UV. Building on the success of the imageFORMULA CR-190i and imageFORMULA CR-135i series, Canon’s latest devices combine a compact design with high speed, precision scanning.
Designed to improve workplace efficiency and sit comfortably on desktops in banks, retail outlets and other financial institutions, the imageFORMULA CR-150 and imageFORMULA CR-120 series are capable of accurately scanning up to 12,000 cheques per day, with up to 150 or 120 cheques processed per minute respectively.
Tim Brosnihan, Product Marketing Manager at Canon Europe said, “Canon’s latest imageFORMULA cheque scanners are compactly designed to maximise desktop space, without compromising on speed, reliability or security. Their enhanced productivity and usability features meet the needs of financial institutions requiring a high quality and efficient cheque imaging solution.”
- 150-sheet feeder and 200 sheet eject pocket
- Automatic feeding mechanism
- Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) head and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) zonal processing
- Canon’s imageFORMULA CR-120 UV - built-in ultraviolet sensors to detect fraudulent information
- Image processing tools, including Fine Text Filtering technology
- ID card feeder and colour imaging sensor
- Option to add a magnetic swipe reader
- Users can allow for up to five lines of 60-character text, as well as high quality bitmap images
- Easily integrated with existing systems, the imageFORMULA CR-150 and CR-120 series include Canon Scanning Utility software, Canon ISIS/TWAIN driver and the Ranger Transport API driver
- For system integrators and developers there is also a Software Development Kit (SDK) available
The imageFORMULA CR-150, CR-120 and CR-120 UV series will be available through Canon sales offices and selected distributors across Europe from the end of March.