Canon has updated its range of imageFORMULA production scanners with the new imageFORMULA DR-G2090, DR-G2110 and DR-G2140, offering a strong solution for businesses with high volume scanning needs. Combining Canon's latest hardware and software technologies, the new series delivers higher speed, lower noise and additional LAN interface for A3 scanning.
Canon’s next generation imageFORMULA DR-G2 series production scanners are suited to organisations where large volumes of documents need to be digitised, such as busy corporate mailrooms, and companies scanning documents on behalf of their customers, such as business process outsourcing companies. Thanks to the robust feeder mechanism, users are able to scan mixed documents together into the scanner, with pages being reliably fed and separated. Organisations can also scan mixed paper sizes and thicknesses, from business cards up to A1 sized documents using the folio mode feature.
The new models use Canon’s latest CIS sensor technology and newly developed onboard DR processor chip to enable high speed scanning and image processing of up to 280 images per minute in colour, at a resolution of 300dpi. Additional productivity enhancing features include a large capacity 500 sheet feeder for handling larger scan batches without interruptions, and Fast Start Scan to minimise delays after the start button is pressed.
Tim Brosnihan, European Product Manager, Canon Europe said, “every business knows that productivity is vital. This need is compounded in high-pressure environments, where meeting deadlines is critically important, and high-volume scanning is the norm. From Government and financial institutions to healthcare and education, businesses processing a high volume of documents every day need a dependable product. These A3 scanners have been designed for demanding high volume environments of up to 70,000 scans a day, where reliability and versatility are also paramount.”
- The DR-2110 and 2140 models are the first production scanners to offer both an embedded LAN interface as well as USB connectivity, enabling customers to save on both costs and desk space by eradicating the need for a dedicated PC or software application
- The series has been updated with a document scanning software development kits (SDK) to enable customers to fully meet the individual needs of their organisation
- The open API and ability to build bespoke experiences on top of the Canon platform means that new devices fit seamlessly in to any existing working environment and perform alongside existing workflows
- Include ISIS/TWAIN/WIA and Kofax VRS Drivers supporting integration into various scanning applications
- The DR-G2 series is optimised for accurate data extraction, workflow processing and archiving into document management systems
- A new image processing mode, Active Thresholding, allows customers to scan mixed documents with different texts, colours and backgrounds without adjusting imaging settings
- The barcode and 2D code recognition feature offers users the ability to automatically separate batches, sorting them into multipage, named files using the barcode information for file naming or indexing
- Canon’s CaptureOnTouch Pro software offers a straightforward operation alongside rich OCR tools and cloud connectivity
- NA10 and WA10 Network Adapters that allow several of Canon’s USB scanners to be connected directly to the network. Businesses can now share a single scanning device across users in an office, and position in customer facing locations where space may be limited, enabling immediate processing without the need for a PC
- DR Web SDK for easy integration with web-based applications, a new DR- Scanner SDK for bespoke integration, and easy platform for capture application development, as well as new embedded SDK for Canon’s ScanFront 400 Network Scanner
The Canon imageFORMULA DR-G2110 and DR-G2140 will be available across Europe from November 2018 and the DR-G2090 from December 2018.The NA10 and WA10 models will be available across Europe in November 2018.