Epson has announced the TM-T88VI, a new receipt printer designed to work with both traditional PC-based POS systems and web and mobile setups, ideal for the retail market.
The TM-T88VI offers print speeds of up to 350mm/s, and a backward paper-feeding function to help save paper without affecting performance, reducing running costs and paper waste. It is suitable for anyone wanting to develop new ways of interacting with customers or wanting to run a combined or traditional setup.
Dave Massam, Product Manager at Epson UK said, “many businesses, especially in the retail and restaurant sectors, are keen to explore how web and mobile POS solutions can improve efficiency and customer satisfaction, but don’t want to commit to an entirely new system straight away. The TM-T88VI supports co-existence, which allows users to add web and mobile POS services in stages, or run systems alone or in parallel if they choose.”
Further features include Server Direct Print functionality to allow the TM-T88VI to print direct from a web server. It also supports beacons, to help mobile devices identify the nearest printer, making it ideal for POS environments with multiple printer installations, while NFC support makes it easy to pair tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices.
The TM-T88VI also has the same footprint as the TM-T88V which allows customers to upgrade to the new system without having to rearrange counter space.
- State-of-the-art receipt printer, with mobile connectivity, fast print speeds and great reliability
- Perfect for retailers who want to combine mobile POS with traditional PC applications
- Comes with Epson ePOS technology for printing from web applications and smart devices
- Can print from both USB and network(ePOS) – ideal for retailers migrating to mobile ePOS
- Prints at speeds up to 350mm/s
- Multiple greyscale printing allows better reproduction of logos and images
- Server Direct Print allows printing data directly from a web server
- Supports HTTPS for secure end-to-end transfer of data
- Backwards paper-feeding function, for efficient paper saving
- Comes with extensive tools for easy and cost-effective implementation
The TM-T88VI is available immediately and is available in black or white, and in Bluetooth or Wi-Fi models