KI will make its Clerkenwell Design Week debut in 2019 with a pop-up showroom at Paxton Locher House on Clerkenwell Green. This home will be transformed into ‘KI House’ for the launch of several new UK-designed and manufactured products. There will also be a variety of talks, workshops and a ‘House Party’, co-hosted with Bute Fabrics, on the evening of 22nd May.
KI’s new products include:
- An enhanced, integrated storage, seating and workstation system will help organisations to create human-centric, diverse office landscapes
- A next generation, cost-competitive sit-stand desk and bench range, co-created in collaboration with some of KI’s largest clients
- A new, UK-designed & manufactured seating collection created for active learning environments in colleges and higher education institutions
- Cafe & dining spaces will benefit from an elegant new one-piece polypropylene stacking chair, also designed & manufactured in the UK
- Stackable to 50 high, a new high-density stacking chair features an elastomer seat to provide comfort and versatility
In addition to the products on display and the Wednesday evening ‘House Party’, KI will be hosting talks and workshops around co-creation and modification of furniture, fabrics and PET felt accessories.
Alex Gifford, KI’s new Design Director will guide designers and specifiers through KI’s furniture co-creation capabilities for large office projects.
KI is also partnering with Bute Fabrics and designer Natasha Marshall, to help designers make a statement with custom-printed fabrics. Also, on display will be a collaborative project with designer Freyja Sewell, who will share her insights on working with PET felt. Finally, for those interested in architectural tours of the house, these will be hosted by the property’s owner throughout the festival.
Jonathan M Hindle, Group Managing Director, KI EMEA said, “congratulations to Clerkenwell Design Week on reaching this milestone 10th anniversary. As the festival has grown, so too has KI – we are now making our first step as an exhibitor with our own popup showroom in a landmark location, to complement our HQ in the nearby Lego building at New Fetter Place. We are looking forward to welcoming those who already know us well, and even more so - those who don’t. It’s KI, Jim. But not as you know it.”